Wednesday, 2 January 2013

4: AUDIENCE RESEARCH

Research Methods
To retrieve results to help me with my magazine I created a questionnaire of 10 questions and asked 30 people to complete it. This helped me get ideas on colours, layouts, content and target audience of my magazine so my magazine will reflect what people like. The questions I asked were;
1. What gender are you? Male/Female
2.What is your favourite colour? Blue/Green/Orange/Red/Pink/Yellow/Purple/Other
3. How often do you read magazines? Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Less
4.What content do you like to see in magazines? Interviews/Reviews/Q&A's/Posters/Other
5. What is your favourite genre of music? K-Pop/Rock/Pop/Indie/Alternative/Country/Other
6. Do you like K-Pop? Yes/No
7.Who is your favourite artist/group?
8. What 3 words would you associate with K-Pop?
9. Out of these 2 designs which is your favourite?
10. Out of these fonts which is your favourite?
Using a questionnaire to collect results was best because it gave me an idea of what to include in my magazine and how I should present.
Results
What Gender are you?



The results I obtained from this question helped me decide what gender my target audience will be. From the results I found that females are more interested in k-pop and magazines than males are therefore making my target gender female.


What is your favourite colour?



The results I obtained from this question helped me decide what colours I will use within my magazine. Blue and Purple are both popular colours so they will be the colours that I will incorporate into my designs mainly the masthead.
How often do you but magazines?


The results I obtained from this question helped me decide the frequency of publication for my magazine. From these results I will be making my magazine a monthly even though magazines are more frequently bought weekly I'd rather have it a once a month because then people won't get bored of it and they'll anticipate each issue.
What content do you like to see in magazines? And Who is your favourite K-Pop group?
The results I obtained from both of these questions helped me decide what content I would be including within my magazine. As well as what artists to feature in it so it will draw in a larger audience of people.
Out of these 2 designs which is your favourite? And Out of these 4 fonts which is your favourite?

The results I obtained from both of these questions helped me decide the layout and font choices that I would make when designing my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment