As my main article is an album review I took a variety of pictures of the albums as well as pictures that made it look as though someone was reviewing it to accentuate the fact that my main article is indeed a review. This will also make it easier for people flicking through the magazine to easily identify what is on the page so it's faster for them to make a decision on whether they want to buy it or not. I tried to vary the albums (as in size, colour and overall packaging) to show the diversity and quality of the K-Pop albums themselves.
For the front cover image I wanted it to represent the genre K-Pop and show an inviting and friendly image so people would be more prone to buying the magazine. So to do this I made the lighting bright and clear so the person in the image is easy to see making the front cover look lighter. This will make it stand out on the shelf making more people notice it. With some of the images I took I wanted to give it a South Korean feel so I incorporated the use of the Korean flag making the magazine have a kind of traditional vibe to it. I wanted to add the culture of South Korea into it so people will always be reminded of the origins of K-Pop. I also featured posters of some K-Pop groups because this will catch peoples eyes. For K-Pop fans in England if they notice a K-Pop Idol they know on the front of a magazine they will instantly know that this magazine is where they'll be able to find the latest news from South Korea.
The image with the fizzy pop was kind of a play on words with the genre of the magazine being K-POP however I also wanted show with this image how addicting K-Pop is. As fizzy pop is something a lot of people are addicted to and once to take a drink you keep drinking it and drinking it which in a way is what the genre K-Pop is like. Once you hear a few songs it will grow and grow on you so seeing as this magazine was a First Edition and a first taste of K-Pop for some people it was a way of showing that it is addictive. That is why I tried that certain approach with the images for my front cover.
No comments:
Post a Comment