Sunday, 6 January 2013

5: PUBLICATION PLAN

Magazine Title
As I am creating an English K-Pop magazine I still wanted to include aspects of Korean to it so my magazine will be called Dorawa which means comeback in Korean. I named it that because I want people to 'comeback' and keep buying my magazine.

Target Audience
From the results of my Questionnaire I found that it's mainly females that like K-Pop but even though I found this I don't want to completely focus on just the female audience and I want to make it available to males as well so then even male fans can enjoy the latest entertainment from their favourite K-Pop artists.

Positioning Statement
As my magazine will be the first K-Pop magazine made in Britain my positioning statement will be 'BRITAIN'S FIRST K-POP MAGAZINE'. I thought that it would be good to use something like that because it will intrigue people and make them buy it. People like new things and as K-Pop is growing worldwide they will want to know more about other artists instead of just the few that have been mentioned recently.
 

Regular Features
The regular features in my magazine will be; Top 10 songs of the month, A competition to win K-Pop merchandise, Star Q & A, Free poster with each issue, Artist recommendations, Meet the star section and comeback reviews.
House Style
The main colours I want to use (i.e for the masthead) are Blue and Red as they are the colours used on the South Korean flag so it represents the origin of K-Pop. At first with fonts I was going to use oriental styled ones to fit in with a Korean theme but I decided that I want to use modern and simple fonts to show how K-Pop and music in general has developed and become more modernized over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment